I received an interesting questions from one of our customers: “How can you attach images to some questions in a SharePoint survey?” The solution is actually simple: Create your survey and let’s do the magic with SharePoint Designer 2007 (This tool is now free for download…)
In my example I’ve created a survey about a few Belgium beers. Only three beers, not the whole collection
These are the major steps that you need to follow:
1. Create the survey list and the questions in SharePoint
2. Modify the NewForm page in SharePoint Designer 2007
– Open your SharePoint site in SP Designer.
– Open the page "NewForm.aspx" in this location: "…/lists/survey/NewForm.aspx"
– After the page has been loaded, go into Design Mode (one of the three tab menus on the bottom of your screen).
– Select on the page the "ListFormWebPart". You need to hide this one via the WebPart Properties page (screenshot below).
2. Open the site in Sharepoint Designer 2007
– Create now a new ListFormWebPart via the menu Insert > SharePoint Controls > Custom List Form.
Make sure that the cursor was positioned just below the "hidden" – ListFormWebPart.
okay, the newly added ListFormWebPart gives you the possibility to modify the layout and style of the rendering:
Hit the "Save" button and check it out in your browser.
You will find on the internet blog post which describes the process of creating a complete new aspx file. This method will do also the work of customizations for listpages but it didn’t work on Survey lists. When i did the test my survey list crashed…