Saving Visio to SharePoint 2010 (after migration)


A couple of posts ago i wrote about an error while saving a visio file to SharePoint…

https://stevenderveaux.wordpress.com/2010/08/18/empty-messagebox-after-saving-visio-to-sp2010/

The error was very clear 🙂

After searching we found that the problem was situated in the custom schema.xml (created with Moss 2007). With a manual merge from a schema.xml (from a current 2010 Doc Lib) with our custom schema.xml, the problem was solved 🙂

(don’t forget to recycle the app pools)…

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Geen categorie and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Saving Visio to SharePoint 2010 (after migration)

  1. Alex says:

    Thank you!!!! You save my day 🙂

  2. Manfred says:

    I have the exact same error. Our Sharepoint Expert isnt available any more and i don’t know where to look for this schema.xml. Could you give me some more details on this?

    • Hi Manfred.

      That’s difficult to explain since I’m not aware about your system. The Library in which you have this error is probably a custom library, created from a custom list definition.
      This custom list definition could be installed through an SP installation package (WSP package), if this is the case then you need to find the Visual Studio solution in which this package is created.
      You could overrule this and go directly to the extra installed files which are located under: “c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\14\template\features\”.
      Custom List Definitions are installed in a seperate folder under this folder. So I do not know how it is called, but if you find that folder, you will find this schema.xml. Normally you should merge this because it could contains a lot of specific information…

      If the problem happens in a document library => go to your SharePoint server and navigate to the folder: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\14\template\features\doclib (i’m not sure about the last folder, it could be also ‘documentlibrary’).
      Check out the schema.xml, create a backup and replace it with a brand new schema.xml from another SharePoint server.

      Since we faced this problem (actually a migration issue), we decided to not use anymore custom list definitions in our SP projects. I did a lot of SP projects and actually the need for using them was always very low during the past years …

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s